|word|

Sunday, July 27, 2008

changin'

Lots of changes in our life right now.

This week, we are moving to Florida.

Our daughter is teething and rolling...and fighting sleep...

phone interviews...

packing...

goodbyes a plenty...

Yep, lots of changes.

----------------------------------

It's stressful moving across the expanse of a continent. It's also expensive. I am reminded of Israel's move from Egypt to the Holy land. Only our desert is I-75....and our 40 years is about 24 hours of driving.

I am experiencing this kind of anticipation that bears forth an ancy boredom... I am bored...busy but bored.

My prayer is that I live in this moment, now. It is so easy to anticipate the future...the move...the life after the move and stop living the current life I still lead in Ohio.

I will admit:

I probably checked out of my life back in June when we realized our call to move.

anticipating...

surviving...

what a shame...I probably missed a lot because of it.

oh the lessons we learn...

-------------------------------

It's interesting... we were at a church today... a non-denominational church. And I could not help but realize how big my problem really is...

I was so hardened to the worship...it seemed such and extreme worship style. But it was not the inspirational kind of extreme worship...it was the seemingly fake kind of extreme worship. I stumbled all the way through it. I survived it; much like I have been surviving my life in Ohio since June.

what a shame...I probably missed a lot because of it.

oh the lessons we learn...

-------------------------------

After over four years of prayerful introspection, I have realized the call to pursue law school...law school.

Is this my vocational calling?


It may be.

It also may be another means to another end.

Whatever it may be, let it be God's will.

I will be taking the LSAT in February and following the admissions process...

not done with school yet...

good times.

-------------------------------

After over a year of prayerful introspection, I have realized that I am called to communion with the Roman Catholic Church... The Church.

I will be following an adult process of indoctrination known as RCIA (The Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults)...

I will be using this blog to share my experience in The Church...praying, learning, listening.

This is another very large change taking place in our life...

I will share more about how I came to this call in a future post.

I reflect directly on today's verse of the day in respect to all this change:

"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us."

Hebrews 12:1


Peace!

No comments: