|word|

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Leaving "well enough"

002| The Jason... of the Staas'

Yes. Hello. This is my big kid blog. I have been doodling around here for a few months as I arranged some major pieces pertaining to facts 'about my life'. I guess you could say that we all do this ...every day of our lives...you know, change the facts about the life we live...

stuff about life?

hmm... okay.

Well, anyway... this is a place where I should come from time to time to share thoughts about life (mine and others). Some people...well most people...well, all people...(it's a people thing)...will want to fit this blog into a category. Yes. People love categories. I sure do. And I am a person. And yes, this blog too shall be categorized. But don't do that just yet. I will beg you...hold off from stuffing this blog into another category for just a few more lines.

First, I will tell you what this blog is not...and maybe after some time...we can shed some light on what this blog actually (dare I use the word?) ...is

Today. I will discuss how this blog is not a blog.

Okay... so I actually have no idea where the word blog came from. I think that I could find out in a matter of 3 seconds upon google search, however, I frankly just don't care. This is why I can not be creating a blog here. I don't care to blog. I don't even know what a blog is... I know there are things in the world web that people call "blog" but I am not formally certain of what all goes into that.
I am formally certain however of what my impulses are as a person (good and bad). One of my most foundational good/bad impulses is an urge and(at times...) ability to create stuff...usually words in the forms of sentences that glued together might fall upon some accidental meaning from time to time. The key word about this..."accidental"

Yep...videos, words, links, lighthouses, greek words and catchy color schemes all ...accidental

Have you ever heard the term "shotgun" used in relation to constructing meaning? Perhaps you have heard someone use it in relation to an essay test they just took:

"dude...seriously, how did you get an 'A' on that freakin' test?"
"I don't know, I just kind of 'shotgunned' it"

...huh?

Okay, "shotgunning" is another term for "bullshitting". I'll be honest. I should be one of the first to know all about that. My whole life, I have been a bullshitter...excuse me...a 'shotgunner'. I majored in it in undergrad. Some call it 'philosophy'. I call it 'managing to talk about random stuff you know nothing about and sound like you have a single clue what you are talking about'.

seriously, I'll save you the trouble of going to college and wasting tons of cash on a philosophy degree. Name a thing from the group I just called "random stuff"... you name it...religion, science, even poetry, business, politics ...whatever...you name it and chances are that some people sat around in a room and talked about it calling what they were doing 'legitimate philosophizing'.

ha.

Well, this is certainly not legitimate. It is a shotgun attempt at accidentally nabing pieces of truth... little bursts of light in a world of darkness.

Because I know one thing for sure. The Holy Spirit does not work through the people that take credit for everything they do ...accidentally.

2 comments:

Jason said...

Dear God,

I can't help but notice that if I take the following scripture as a key rule in being a perfect follower of Christ in the world, then I am forced to be at odds with the main point of Brian McClaren's book "The Secret Message of Jesus". Am I missing the point. Is there a point? Is that the point? Thanks God! I love you. I pray in the name of Christ, my Lord, Amen.

ps... here is that scripture I was talking about:

1 Timothy 2
A Call to Prayer
1First of all, then, I urge that (A)entreaties and prayers, petitions and thanksgivings, be made on behalf of all men,2(B)for kings and all who are in authority, so that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and dignity.

Jason said...

correction to my previous prayer:

First correction.
*insert* "God, your name is above all. You are the best! No one can come close to you because no one can ever know how to even begin describing you. You are God. That's pretty awesome!"

Second correction.
*insert* "God, rain down your majesty on this earth so all those who are lost can be found. It is confusing down here, and I thank you for keeping us in your care. But I really was wondering if you could get all these other people...and the rest of your creation while you are at it...to know that you are THE GOD OF THE UNIVERSE and be adopted into your kingdom here on earth in Christ. Rain down your Holy Spirit Lord and guide us (all creation) to be alive in your will."

Third Correction.
*insert* "God, I praise you for letting us be in this day today. As I reflect on something I thought:

Correction #4
*insert*-Body of previous Prayer-

Correction #5:
*insert* "God forgive me for not knowing how to pray right. Forgive me for not knowing how to live right...fix me. I am broken.

Correction #6:
*insert* "God, fill my heart with peace, forgiveness and joy for all the people and all of creation.

Correction #7
*insert* "God, help me not to repeat my mistakes tomorrow."

In the precious and holy name of Christ Jesus, Messiah Yeshua, Χριστός,מָשִׁיחַ יֵשׁוּעַ